Monday, November 5, 2012

November Updates!

Okay, so it has officially been more than 100 days (107 to be exact) and I have not been thinking about my DZP as much as I should be. However, with about 10% of my time gone, I felt as though I should check in and see how I was doing. Lo and behold, I actually accomplished some things!

#5 - Visit my sister for her 30th birthday! I realize in my last post I was preparing for my trip, but the trip was over a month ago now, and I have finally checked it off. Jules and I had a great time in Baltimore celebrating her birthday with a fabulous party, some good food, funny friends, and of course, Gilmore Girls (because no Rulia weekend is complete without some GG on the DVR). We also caught up with my cousin Ashley for brunch the next morning, check out the pic!

(I can neither confirm nor deny whether we were allowed to actually touch those sculptures...)
When I asked my sister if she felt different now that she was a thirty-something, she said definitely yes!*rolls eyes*

# 82 - Eat all local foods for one weekend. Okay, so this one I did on accident! I actually attended the "Slow Food Conference" at the University of Maine (where I am a graduate student in nutrition) and the menu for the entire weekend (Friday dinner and cocktails, Saturday breakfast, snacks, lunch, coffee) was all local/Maine/organic foods. I feel that this should count, since I was introduced to some new Maine products I had never tried before, and I learned a lot about the Slow Food Movement. As an added bonus, Representative *Chellie Pingree (D-ME) was there. She represents Maine's 1st congressional district and is one of the very few active farmers in Congress.
*To read about Chellie's bill, H.R.3286 Local Farms, Food and Jobs Act, click here!
(I promise Chellie is there, she's just very tiny up there! I did see her up close later. And for the record, NOT my diet coke. Nothing against diet coke, but I wouldn't bring it to the slow food conference, that was a friend of my who shall remain nameless!)

#95 - Learn a new card game. The game I learned with my boyfriend William is called Five Crowns, and it is basically like a mix between Phase 10, Rummy, Scat, and Speed. It was really fun!

In Progress:
I am currently working on #14 (choreograph a dance), and #80 (visit Harry Potter World at Universal Studios in Orlando!) I am especially excited about #80, the condo is booked and we are currently debating flying down versus driving, since we will be there for a week driving wouldn't be TOO bad, but flying is so much quicker!
Just a reminder, I am still working on #'s 6 and 53 :)

I will try to post more over the holidays, as I will be working on some homemade Christmas presents as well as some great recipes! Goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment